MY SELF

My name is Paul K.Duah. I was born in Kumasi, Ghana. Ghana is located at the western part Africa. Kumasi has a population of about 3.5million, the second largest in Ghana.

I am 48years old and I am married with 3 children. The eldest and the next are boys. They are all in the University now. The 2nd and 3rd are in the US with me and the eldest with my wife in UK (Britain), where we lived before coming to the US.

Since infancy, USA has been my dream, therefore, when the opportunity came, I made no hesitation to come. My being here is a dream come through.

I started school in Ghana and I have both the Ordinary and Advanced Level of the General Certificate of Education (GCE). Our pattern of education is almost like that of UK.

I like this subject, though, I have not done it before, I can see the amount of information I will get out of the course. This will help me to become a better person and my responsibility in the community I live and the world at large.

Friday, March 7, 2014

GETTING A "RESET" ON SYRIA.

On 02/17/2014, during CNN CROSS FIRE discussion, the group chose to talk about Syria and the role the US government should play or should have played in their horrific situation. The heading was GETTING A "RESET" ON SYRIA. The group had two persons representing Democrats and two Republicans.
   In particular, Van Jones and former spokesman on foreign policy for President Obama, Tommy Vietor stood for Democrats. S.E. Cupp and  Danielle Pletka spoke on behalf of Republicans.
The message was for the public to digest. I think the public is aware of  the Syrian crisis. How the Syrian leader Bashar -Al- Asad  has caused mayhem in his country. How - because of him about 120,000 lives had been lost including women and children. Many citizens are displaced and had sought refuge in other nations sharing border with Syria like Jordan and Turkey. Many cities are completely destroyed. Bashar -Al- Asad  went to the extent of using deadly chemicals on some of the citizens including women and children.
     Now during the discussion, those representing the Republicans found it easy to lay blame on the President, Obama and those of Democrats tried to defend the President. They said Obama had done little to stop Bashar- Al- Asad  from massacring his own people. Personally, I find it difficult to understand these politicians, the President decided to bomb Syria but did not congressional support of which Republicans are the majority, and still they find him blamable for the atrocities going on there. Public opinion also shows that Americans are fed up with wars. The public does not want to get the military engaged in battles anymore. They wish America does not pose its nose in other nations affairs especially when it involves war where thousands of citizens lose their lives and also when billions of dollars have to be spent.
     What I expected them to reach was a situation where the blame game would be minimal, but for the sake of political expediency, the opposing party found a way to blame the government. I disagree with the opposition in this case and wish they play a fair game.

No comments:

Post a Comment