MY SELF

My name is Paul K.Duah. I was born in Kumasi, Ghana. Ghana is located at the western part Africa. Kumasi has a population of about 3.5million, the second largest in Ghana.

I am 48years old and I am married with 3 children. The eldest and the next are boys. They are all in the University now. The 2nd and 3rd are in the US with me and the eldest with my wife in UK (Britain), where we lived before coming to the US.

Since infancy, USA has been my dream, therefore, when the opportunity came, I made no hesitation to come. My being here is a dream come through.

I started school in Ghana and I have both the Ordinary and Advanced Level of the General Certificate of Education (GCE). Our pattern of education is almost like that of UK.

I like this subject, though, I have not done it before, I can see the amount of information I will get out of the course. This will help me to become a better person and my responsibility in the community I live and the world at large.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Embedding A Link In Blogger

The Wall Street Journal of February 7, 2014 has a front page publication entitled "Immigration Overhaul Stalls". In this publication, it looks like a lot of people's hopes have been dashed by the House Speaker John Boehner. It has been many peoples expectation that at the beginning of the year, Congress will rewrite Immigration Laws which many have complained about. Many are expecting the overhaul of the immigration laws of the country.


The argument is that, about 11.5million people live in the US illegally and it is about time they grant them legal status.
One school of thought has it that, their continuous stay as illegal immigrants affect the country economically. They are working but may not be paying tax. Then also, many talents may be fished and harnessed for the benefit of the country. Congress knows this. There is the feet dragging because, Republicans fear that, it will be to the advantage of Democrats. What they have forgotten is that somebody needs it badly to realize his dreams.
I commend that this article be read by all my mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment