MY SELF

My name is Paul K.Duah. I was born in Kumasi, Ghana. Ghana is located at the western part Africa. Kumasi has a population of about 3.5million, the second largest in Ghana.

I am 48years old and I am married with 3 children. The eldest and the next are boys. They are all in the University now. The 2nd and 3rd are in the US with me and the eldest with my wife in UK (Britain), where we lived before coming to the US.

Since infancy, USA has been my dream, therefore, when the opportunity came, I made no hesitation to come. My being here is a dream come through.

I started school in Ghana and I have both the Ordinary and Advanced Level of the General Certificate of Education (GCE). Our pattern of education is almost like that of UK.

I like this subject, though, I have not done it before, I can see the amount of information I will get out of the course. This will help me to become a better person and my responsibility in the community I live and the world at large.

Friday, April 11, 2014

NSA THE GOVERNMENT GOES AGAINST OUR FOUNDING BELIEFS.

I am replying to my colleague who wrote NSA GOVERNMENT GOES AGAINST OUR FOUNDING BELIEFS. I would like to comment on the article written by a colleague by name Skye Garcia on the above topic. To some extent, I do agree with him- when it comes to people's privacy being invaded by no small a body than our government. Skye went on to talk about the fact that the founding fathers divorced from Britain because there were situations where the KING of England allowed his governors search people's houses when the need arose in those days, which incurred the wrath of the colonists. These are some of the undesirable situations that we meet sometimes. In fact things like these are not acceptable. Skye also said that the do these spying yet crime has not gone down and talked about the incidence at Virginia Tech. where someone went on a shooting spree, killing children and adults, and that he would wish the government use the money to increase security at places of events where security may otherwise be compromised. He said a bill covering this should be amended. I do agree with Skye, however, I would like to view this from a different perspective. In the first place, when the founding fathers made the constitution, they had no idea how far the young United States would evolve to. They expected prosperity but never dreamt it was going to be the most advanced, powerful, with the largest economy and the country which the whole world would look up to for solutions. The position of US on the world scene is now different, therefore the security apparatus should act to reflect the position of America. Intelligent gathering involves a lot in our modern society, not forgetting the 9/11 incidence where over 3,000 Americans were killed in their own soil. This changed the world the focus of the world. Remember also that America had stepped on a lot of toes in this world. Sometimes this happened justifiably, other times not. Whatever it is, in trying to solve international problems it is likely to offend somebody. Think of how America destroyed Iraq because of Saddam Hussein. The number of those who died and those who were maimed. Think of Iraq- the way they see America. Note that there are people over there who see America's action different from the way you see it. What about Libya? Remember the recent attack on the embassy. The killing of the ambassador and the 3 others. It is just the tip of the iceberg the enemies America has. What about Afghanistan, the Talibans? Iran, North Korea? I tell you there people out there who will annihilate the people of America should they get the chance. US is the greatest target of terrorist. Now, you should know that someone is planning to do evil. The authorities know this very well. They are doing everything they can to secure this nation. What they are looking from you is your privacy so that they can do the work better. I am not in support of the authorities getting one's information and abusing it. On a serious note, if compromising my information to the government will ensure my safety, why not? The Boston bombing is still fresh in our minds. Somebody died, someone got her leg amputated. Let us think about these and see what the government is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment